Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

When Love is in the Air - Kanana

Hey, who new valentine would come in October? Well, apparently, miracles still happen. As I type this, only three words are stuck on my mind, "NI MAPENZI TU". Indeed, love is the greatest, now I believe. And boy did it take me a while to do so. Honestly, I never knew I'll live to listen to such an infectious jam that is proudly Kenyan. A lady name Kanana just made it a reality. From the instrumentation, arrangement, melody, chords, lyrics, just name it, everything is on point.
Kanana may be a newcomer but she has definitely set standards and put herself in a class above her peers. I mean even veteran female artists who have been here for a while have never come up with such a composition. Everybody can sing about love, but it's how you sing it that can make one long to fall in love. Kanana just made us do that, want to fall in love. She sings so passionately that you can't help but love, her plus the song. From the Kaka empire, we are blessed with one of the best things to happen to our music industry for a long time to come. All we can say now is; Ni Mapenzi Tu Kanana :-)

Follow @iamkanana

No comments:

Post a Comment